My Photo
Name:
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States

I am trying to figure this out. I keep surprising myself with something new that describing myself has become almost impossible. So, I leave it at that. Peace!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Size Me Up


Original image by Anndra Dubhacan

Size Me Up

You see me, you thought something
In the deep recesses of your mind
The decision has been carved out
In hard stone of your mind, impressions
Of who I am, Of where I might come from
Of whether I am rich or I am poor
Educated or illiterate? What?
Fair skinned or dark? Brown??
Am I good for you? Good to look at?
Am I ugly? Do I repulse you?
You are deciding on your choice
To smile or to look away somewhere
To accept or reject me, throw me
A forgotten lost memory of nobodies
Your mind is filled with files
I am there, somewhere in that line
Whether you choose or not, I remain
In some lost undesired thought thread
Why do I care? Whether you know me or not...
Silly of you! Did you know.. I am God?


3 Comments:

Blogger Casement said...

This is an amazing poem. Wonderful!:) I like the way it ended.

When I read abt ur promise to PK, I was reminded of my promise to you about Shantaram:) Believe me, I've been wanting to read that book for sooooo long now. It is a 1000 pages book...and I don't feel the inclination to open it at bedtime for its sheer weight. Gimme a week's time, or may be two:P and I'll post abt it. I refresh my promise:))

3:35 PM  
Blogger expertdabbler said...

>>Did you know.. I am God?

This is something i never expected:)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ladie Jaye said...

Oooh beautiful. Love that last line!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home